27 September 2005

Pardon me, did you get the license plate of the truck that ran me over?

I am getting far too old to be drinking like a rock star.

Last Saturday Nick and I got it into our brains that it would be fun to get our neighbor Jim and go out to dinner then drinks afterward. A little background on Jim -- he's a 41 year-old gay man looking for love in all the wrong places. Or at the very least, finding it with weirdos. He's never really hung out with gay friends in a social setting -- he's either gone out with straight friends to straight bars (he's semi-closeted) or has met other gay guys through work, etc. So we've sorta taken him under our wing to introduce him to the wonderful world of gay bars, Fire Island, and having gay friends. He's a really nice guy once you get to know him, and has a lot to offer a potential mate, if only he can find someone who's not psychotic. Any takers?

Me, Jim, Nick

So anyway, we decide to go to Dave & Busters in Islandia for dinner, followed by the Bunk House in Sayville. Bunk House was having a theme night -- circus night -- complete with carnival-type games, decorations, and of course gay men. (Anywhere there is a gathering of gay men is sure to be a circus.)

The club started off slow, so we started drinking fast. That's what you do, right? Anyway, several alcohol-laden beverages later, and the club started hoppin. We were chatting most of the night, checking out guys for Jim when Nick started texting one of our friends in NJ. Jim and I danced a lot, then we got Nick to dance too, so we all danced the night away. Jim did a few circles around the floor, trying to spot prey, but alas, it wasn't his night. At about 2:30AM (where the hell DID the time go?) we decided to go home, drunk off our asses. Nick made us breakfast sandwiches and by 3:30AM we sent Jim on his way and we went to bed.

Unfortunately I had to wake up at 8:00AM on Sunday to meet my mom to help her out with some computer stuff at her office. Needless to say, I was a steaming pile of shit most of the morning, but eventually pulled out of it by the afternoon. I am not the twentysomething kid I used to be! I used to be able to go to work, go out afterward and drink 'til all hours of the morning, then sleep 2 hours and get up and do it all again with no problem. Now if I don't get my 7 hours sleep plus recuperation time, I'm done in for the entire day. Sucks getting old, doesn't it?

Oh well, we had fun, and will probably do it again sometime soon. Any takers for Jim?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home