22 September 2005

Fingernails..........gone

In between watching the season premiere of Lost my partner and I were flipping between ABC and CNN to watch the drama unfolding in California with jetBlue flight 292. HOLY COW! Talk about drama. I can't fathom what the passengers and crew were thinking while they were circling and ultimately landing. But thank the cosmos for the pilot and crew of that plane. It couldn't have been a better outcome! I hope they all get raises as they certainly deserve it.



The fact that it was happening on live TV left me asking the question "what if the landing didn't go as smoothly as possible? What if the plane had a tragic landing? Do we really need to see that on live TV?" It really calls into question the lengths journalists will go to get a story. Sure its newsworthy, but do we need to see the carnage? I'm all for freedom of press, but don't you think the press should regulate itself and report in a style that is responsible and informative?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home