22 August 2006

My newest toy


That's my new baby -- a Strato Blue, 2006 Mazda 3s Touring Sedan. Five-speed manual transmission, 160hp 2.3L engine. Power windows/door locks, 6 speaker AM/FM/CD stereo system with Sirius Satellite Radio hookup. And a whole list of other features I could rattle off at you, but really, when it comes down to it, it's a sexy beast, ain't it?

I love it.

It's my first brand new car, so naturally I've been a freak about it. Driving everywhere just for the sake of driving, showing it off to anyone who will look. I've been to the gas station twice and each time I've gotten out to pump fuel I've strutted proudly around the vehicle, chest puffed out, a swagger in my step, as if to say, "that's right -- the car is MINE!" I never thought I could get so much joy out of owning a new vehicle before. My spirits have been exponentially lifted since I got it on 14 August. We have friends coming over this weekend and I can't wait to show it off to them!

I hope the feeling doesn't wear off too soon. I love the exhilaration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home